• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

left barrel sucess!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longfowler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got my fall N.H. turkey today!!! I saw this flock of birds crossing a field at 11:30 this morning, and put the stalk on them...somehow, they slipped by me, but I drove down the road about 2 miles to a logging road that cut across the property, and walked the trails till 1 pm, when I jumped them again. then - game on! I got around them, and spent 2 hours stalking the 100 yards downhill thru thick brush & krunchy leaves, all eyes, and only moving with the wind, till this hen saw something she didn't like. she clucked at me so I yelped back, and she walked up and gave me the "evil eye" from 20 yards away...so I gave her the left-hand barrel! let me tell you, even though she's only a ten pounder, this a REAL hunt, my best sneak-job ever, and I feel that makes this is a real trophy! this was the same gun I took my spring tom with, which I killed with a single shot from the right-hand barrel. I think D.B. means "dead bird" not "double barrel". I even re-used the same shotcup...I found it, and saved it just to load it in the left barrel for the fall! my load was 60 grains of 1f, one of those "tampon" wads, and 1-3/4 oz of copper plated #6's. I had a half dozen pellets in head & neck, plus a flyer that broke a wing and took out a lung. this 30-year old cva was the best $250 bucks I even spent!
010-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Awesome :thumbsup:
You earned that one. Congrats :hatsoff:
I was sitting here having a hard time getting motivated to go chase three toes this afternoon. You just pushed me over the edge.
I'm on my way! :grin:

Good job!

Two shots, two kills.

You're showing the required skills to move up to a single barrel shotgun. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

{Just kidding. I'd love a double-barrelled m/l shotgun but make do with 'Ol Blunderpotz, my single}.

Waidmanns Heil to that nice bird! :thumbsup:

You have a fine looking ML shotgun there!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congratulations on a fine hunt, and a very fine trophy. That is the way to earn them! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Yahoooooooo Longfowler !!!!!!!! Way to go. The smile in the photos leaves no doubt in my mind that your turkey was a well earned and deserved trophy. I can't wait to get after them here on the 21st in Indiana. So happy for you and really glad you shared your great hunt with us. Good hunting! :applause:

WOW..That's a hunt!..Outstanding...great pictures..that bird will taste great!10 to 14 lbs. are my favorite.You Da Man!!!!!!

Back