• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lehigh valley lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainiac

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Id like to know the straight and skinny on this lube. Is uit currently being made? Ive heard that it is and is now called shanendoah (cant spell, sorry!)lube or something like that. Would like to know if the original lube is still being made, if so where is the best place to buy? And would you folks know of a web adress to the current company? thanks,

Yes, it is being made again by one of the original owners or developers & it is the Original formula.
When you order it, before you buy ask them if it says Lestom Labs on the back of the bottle, if it does you are OK. If it says Oxyoke on the back of the bottle you don't want it.

It is a Great liquid lube, IMHO. No, not perfect for all ML loads & applications, but most of them I have used it in the Lehigh worked great. Simply awesome on a smallbore with Swiss 3F.

I have seen it at Tip Curtis Frontier Shop (615)654-4445 & also Thunder Ridge Muzzleloading advertises they have it. http://www.thunder-ridge.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Lehigh Valley lube, Shenendoah is suposed to be the same. I dont think so. I am unhappy with Shenendoah, it is kind of soapy. I was told it is the same as Lehigh Valley but no way.

I found it recently at The Gun Works.

I'm new to using the stuff, and I gotta say that so far I'm impressed for range work with a 50 cal and a 58 cal, both using pillow ticking patches. I haven't tried it in hunting conditions- leaving a lubed patch in the bore all day or even a couple of days before firing. I'm not all that experienced with liquid lubes, so the thought of all that water in the bore, much less against the powder, makes me kinda twitchy. I've always used paste-type lubes of one sort or another for hunts.

Even so, it's given me some of the cleanest patches I've ever recovered. They're in such good shape you could almost use them again, and I can't usually say that about patches with paste lubes.

Lehigh is no longer available.
Birddog and Brownbear I know you guys were trying to be helpful but, the sources you both listed don't have it . I just checked them out myself.I also checked out a couple of places that I know did have it. They were out too. I guess we are out of luck and need to look elsewhere . n.h.schmidt

Hmmm. Musta just run out, cuzz they had it when I stopped by a couple of weeks ago. And I was a good guy and left some for other folks. Guess I should have gone ahead and picked up all they had!

BrownBear
All I know is what they told me. If you do locate some give us a heads up . The other place has a pic of the Lehigh Lube as a icon for lubes .When you click on it ,you get other stuff n.h.schmidt

Makes me wonder if they don't have a small stock for over-the-counter sales to regular customers in the vicinity. And they certainly could have sold out in a couple of weeks, too.

I have a bottle! What shall we start the bidding at?? Just kidding! I dont use it for patch lube, but I do use it for my cleaning patches on the range. Love the stuff. It figures though, guys find stuff they like then it disappears.

Back