• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lehigh valley lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turk36

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Anyone know what became of Lehigh valley lube,cant find it anywhere? is there another product as good? Turk

This was a hot topic on the ALR last year. Lehigh Valley is no longer available. There is a new product called Shennadoah Valley which I believe is a similar lube. I picked up a bottle at Dixon's in July but only have tried it once so far. Fired about 30 rounds with no problems.

A number of fellows have reported good success with Hoppes No.9 black powder solvent.

It is available from Midway for about $9.00 or from Muzzleloader originals for $6.75. It has the same label as Lehigh Valley but it says Shenandoah valley. I dont think its exactualy the same but close. I'm going to try some and see,I'll let youall know. Turk

I ran out of Lehigh Valley Lube and figured that Shennandoah was the same stuff just renamed. OH MAN was I ever wrong. I don't like Shennandoah at all. Whit Lehigh Valley I could use it as a patch lube and just shoot away to my hearts content. Not so Shennandoah, it seems to leave a gunky residue.

In the last issue of Muzzleloader magazine, there was an article about Lehigh valley lube and it gave the web site and phone number to contact the inventor.

Hello Rat Trapper,

can you give use the address of the website and the inventors name please ?

Thx in advance !

The address is:
Tom De Care
232 West 5th Street
Oswego, NY. 13126
1-315-343-1111.
He is the inventor and he is back with the origional formula. If you have a bottle of the old stuff, send it to him and he will send you a bottle of the "origional" for free.
This information is from the Sept.-Oct. issue of Muzzleloader.

Tom deCare was kinda forced into selling his original company by his 2 partners. The new company then changed the formula and eventually went out of business. De Care got the business back and is now making the original lube. According to the magazine review, only the Ox-Yoke brand in Maine went bankrupt; the Ox-Yoke in Pennsylvania is still in business. If you buy a bottle of lube, make sure it has "Original Formula" on the label.

Latest posts

Back