• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

lessons learned on gunbroker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People selling things have an obligation to know what it is that they are selling, and to give full disclosure. Period.

I kind of like the drawing of the hexagonal barrel. That would save a lot of work putting on sights, just look down the top ridge. Half of the modern shooters will say. " look it's got a hex barrel ". I always thought it was a comment on the way I shoot , " look it's got a hexed barrel". Well this thread has cleared up some things and muddied others. Some of us need to get a life.

When measured, The bottom two flats are wider than the other 5 flats.
The groove cut into the barrel for the ram rod is not as wide as the flats are.
I don’t think it could have ever been octagon.

33-6.jpg

But then, the truth be known, I didn’t notice it till I had it some time.
I don’t know, maybe it is more common then I think.

Link
William Alexander

for those who saw the humor in the description, thanks for yer comments & for playin' along. for the ones with the cob inserted where the sun don't shine, get a [censored] life :youcrazy: . luck & have a good'en, :hatsoff: bubba.

Septagonal barrels were indeed not as rare as many may think offhand and were actually fadish for a while, somewhere, for some, albeit brief, time.

Back