• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LH Traditions Hawkins

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REX

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I came across a good deal on a Traditions LH Hawkins percussion rifle (new), who is the mfg.? and what's your thoughts on Traditions BP guns. I'm looking for a Hawkins percussion to finish out the BP gund I have and the price is with in the retirement budget.
Thanks for any input. :thumbsup:
rex (westcoastBPgramps)
BP can be fun

I've had one for4 about 6 years.
I haven't had any problems with it.
Works and shots great.

Clint. :m2c:

I have a traditions hawkens 50 cal 1 in 66 twist, one of my best shooters, great gun I love it!!!
:imo: :thumbsup: :redthumb:

Looks to me as if you answered your one question yourself.
Traditions MADE Traditions. Some of the barrels were made in Spain.

As of late traditions has QUIT makeing all side lock guns.(percussion and flinters)
They are strickly in the in-line business now.

Woody

I also have a Traditions Hawken rifle. It's a good, solid rifle, that shoots like a dream.

Mine is also a left handed rifle, which is one of the reasons that I bought the Traditions.

Back