• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Locksmith Needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yet another project in the works.......
I have an original Caucasan (spelling?)miqulet lock. It is a very tiny lock. Even the gold (?)mounts are all intact. The lock is complete and working except for two problems: 1) The top jaw screw is missing about half it's length of threads. Looks like it broke off a long time ago. There's enough thread left to thread into the bottom jaw, but not enough to insert a flint and tighten down. There's enough material to size the thread. What I need is a new threaded piece soldered/welded/brazed or ? to the thumpiece - which is also has gold embelishment. 2) The top jaw also had a small square guide pin to align the top and bottom jaws - which is missing. You can see on the bottom of the top jaw where it was soldered at one time.
Does anyone know an imaginative locksmith that would look at this and see if this can be done? Thanks.

I too would like to see some pictures of the lock and the parts that you need repaired.

I am sure you will get more responses with pictures.

Tinker2

Roy Stroh did some great work for me in the past. I am sure you can get ahold of him through this site. If not let me know and I will look for his info.

Scott

Latest posts

Back