• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Longhunter Muzzleloading Big Game record Book"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon even Shockey himself will always wunner.... if he could'a "done it" with the limitations of a real "longrifle"!! LOL

So this is one of the moose that my dad has in the longhunter book. Question, if it were a true longhunter book, would this moose qualify being shot with the rifle in the picture??

bpmoose2.jpg

Cody

Trophy hunting, meat hunting, are hunting. :imo:We don't need to look down our noses at people who hunt for reasons other than our own. PETA looks down at all of us just for hunting. What we should be concerned with is the legality and ethics an individual uses. What I mean is if someone breaks the law to get their deer we should all ostracize that person. If a person wastes the animal, while acting is legally, but acts unethically we should ostracize him too. Neither meat hunting or trophy hunting is inherently wrong. Both can be done in legal and ethical ways. However, like all things, individuals can be illegal and/or unethical.
:m2c:

I can't argue that inlines are increasingly becoming inappropriate for ML seasons, at least when equipped with scopes and modern bullets. Especially, when the hunt is in an area that for safety's sake is limited to exclude centerfire rifles. Even if the advantages are more hype than real the inlines could endanger the seasons, and perhaps hunting, based on common perception of people who don't know any better. I sort of like PA's seasons that allow a season for ML and another for flinters. I am intrigued with the idea of setting up seasons for different weapon types to cater to differing interests.

As far as Trophy hunting goes,it's not for Me,but if it suits others,thats fine.I do object to the fact that the term "Longhunter"was applied to a person using a mod. in-line weapon with a scoped sight.Also the idea of how many game animals you shoot puts you in a position of greatness.The term "Grand Slam" has no bussiness in the Traditional muzzleloading field.I would doubt that any of the real Longhunters did a whole lot of stritting about their killing an animal because of the size of the antlers Etc. :imo: ::

Back