• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for custom gunmaker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking for a gunmaker who also delivers in the white and with other unfinished features (such as without triggerguard because I want to use an old part I have). I intend to have the gun stocked with a specific set of parts, a certain barrel & lock. I have the complete plan in mind and intend to buy some time by having it stocked for me.

Do you have any recommendations?

Robert

Try Allen Martin.
[url] http://www.flaminharry.com/allenmartin.html[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

What part of the world are you in??? This could be very important with this kind of endeavor.

There are many custom builders on this board and American Longrifles board, who possibly would do what you want. :hmm:

What part of the world are you in?

Smallpatch,

I live near Munich, Germany, so the location of the gunmaker in the USA is not really relevant. I buy nearly all my ML parts from the USA, also some kits from Chambers but this is the first time I intend to have a gunstocker work for me.

I understand that not all riflemakers are willing to deliver unfinished guns in the white. I tried to contact Brian Turner from TVM with limited success so far. I will try to call Allen Martin too (the email address on his webpage is wrong), but if you have any further recommendation this would be a geat help.

Robert

Robert, I know TVM and North Star West have 'in-the-white' kits available. Others may as well, I'll let those who may know jump in here. Good luck.

A lot of the pleasure in building a gun is the finishing of it, seeing it all come together. There might be quite a few custom gunmakers who'd not want to miss out on that part, which they would miss by just assembling the parts and partially finishing it. Plus, every builder's work is their best advertisement, and in this case, the builder/assembler would not get to control the final outcome or sign the work, etc.

I have built a few in the whit guns for people in the past. The problem there is a guy can really screw a gun up putting finish on it and make one heck of an ugly gun. And of course when somebody asks him who made his (ugly) gun he'll answer "Mike Brooks did"....I don't need that kind of advertisement. I only do it now for kit manufacturers as the guy who buys the assembled kit has no idea who built it and can't use my name on the finished product.

I am in contact now with Don Yerks from Mile Run Muzzleloaders and it is a real pleasure. He replied within hours and went in great detail about my questions. He also offered to adjust a triggerguard to my fits (which is the reason for my initial idea of mounting my own). I think this is much more a good reputation than simply not answering inquiries just because you disagree with the request.

From my experience so far I can strongly recommend asking him about any project. He is a friendly guy who really cares.

Robert

You can also discus with me, I'm located in the south of France in NICE.
http://belcounty.free.fr (without the www)

Back