• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for gunsmith for shotgun.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txflycaster

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Anyone know of a gunsmith that can jugchoke a pedersoli 10ga. Both barrels are cylinder bore.

I remember reading about using a Brownell's choke hone years back. It required their inside barrel caliper, it looked like an X with precision ground ends. You put this X inside the barrel and measured the end sticking out with a micrometer. It also required a watch with a second hand to time how long toy spun the hone. The hardest part was getting the taper going from the barrel to the choke section and the taper from the choke to the muzzle. With this method you could do each barrel individually. The choke hone was a hone we use to use to clean up wheel cylinders on cars before disc brakes.

Anyone know of a gunsmith that can jugchoke a pedersoli 10ga. Both barrels are cylinder bore.
I'd suggest talking with Mike Orlen in MA. You can get his contact info etc over on Shotgunworld.com
Can an SxS be jug choked without separating the barrels?
Yes. It can be done using a reamer without separating the barrels. I've done it a number of times.

I have owned and modified 3 Pedersoli 10 ga shotguns but never jug choked one due to their barrels being chrome lined. The chrome is paper thin but very hard. Are you sure they are both cyl bore and not imp cyl and lite modified like the 3 I have owned? I only ask because I did not know they made both barrels cyl bore on certain models?

I have owned and modified 3 Pedersoli 10 ga shotguns but never jug choked one due to their barrels being chrome lined. The chrome is paper thin but very hard. Are you sure they are both cyl bore and not imp cyl and lite modified like the 3 I have owned? I only ask because I did not know they made both barrels cyl bore on certain models?
More than likely an older
Model... over the years they made
Seveal models, for
Example 2 full barrels, currently they make the waterfowl version I have cyl/imp cylinder
Then the magnum cyl/mod

Back