• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for opinions on Traditions Trapper pistol.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creino

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy:

A buddy of mine is offering a new Traditions Trapper pistol in 50 cal. It would be my first b/p pistol and I wanted to just throw it out there to see what folks experience/impressions have been with this gun. This is assembled, but I have seen kit forms of it as well which might a good learning experience.

Thanks

A new completed Trapper normally runs a bit under $200 with a kit running a bit under $150.

What price is your friend asking for the gun?

GrayBear

That was my first kit build. Good shooting gun, I've rung the 100yd gong with it at Ft. Old Abe near Eau Claire WI.

Got one for xmas!
1st shoot for score, won it, first trail walk for pistol, won that also. first bp handgun!
mine was finished, caplock. nice trigger out of the box, was no need to adjust sights, shooting 24 grains of 23 year old pyro-P, going to BP when its gone. mine is shooting less than 3 inch groups at 35 yards when I do my part.
My biggest learning curve was/is the right grip hold. Left hand is support only. Best bud got one also, his is just as nice and a good shooter as well. Have seen a couple of rocklocks, owners(3 of them) all stated that they have all broke the spring that throws the flint, but theirs all shoot well also.
With set triggers, how could you go wrong!

under 200 new, price it accordingly.
You will be happy with it!

Brett

I had to change the sights to something I could see. It shoots great for me now. Good enough to shoot mid-pack in the Jan pistol shoot :v .

How close are they to the T/C Patriot? They sure look alike. I realize the locks may be a bit different, but by how much could they vary? Would be nice to get one in .45 or even .36.

Once you get the load combination down pat they make a great pistol. If you look at the pistol competition that we had on this site, I shot my card with the trapper. One thing I personally did was I added some lead weight to the brass end cap to balance it better. I found that the pistol was a little barrel heavy. The pistol is simular to the T/C patriot except the patriot is a 45 cal and the set trigger is opposite of all other set triggers. I bought it as a kit and was very easy to build, for a $150 I do not regret it. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back