• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman .50 cal Trade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukon jack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I received my Lyman Trade Rifle,and am very happy with the overall quality. the flint lock is quite fast and supprised me. Groups with the various loads of fffg goex remington 490 round ball .015 prelubed CVA patches leaves a lot to be desired. i'm going to try ffg with 70 grain load and .018 pillow ticking next time out as well as some cast conicals and sabot. I am trying to post some pic's as I could not find any decent photos of this rifle

url]

url]

url]

if they don't work can some one help me out i'm new to this (posting pic's)

Yukon jack, welcome to the Forum :) .

I too own Lyman Trade Rifles (2), both are cap guns however. I am quite happy with the 70 gr. FFFg loading I use: .490 hornady ball, .020 ox-yoke pre-lubed patch for the first 4 shots, then switch to a .015 pre-lubed patch. Accuracy is very good.

Use the same 70 gr. 3F load with a 370 gr. T/C Maxi-Ball: 1349 fps, power factor of 499+, accurate enough to win rifle competitions. Great on watermelons too :shocked2: .

Let us know how you make-out and have FUN :) .
All the best, Dave

Back