• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman BLACK POWDER HANDBOOK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3rd Edition ISBN # 0-87349-175-0
Got mine in new condition from a used book store (COAS) for $11.00

Are you referring to a 3rd Edition of a "Lyman Blackpowder Handbook" ?

Are you referring to a 3rd Edition of a "Lyman Blackpowder Handbook" ?

Boy, I hope not. If there is a 3rd Edition available, I am going to have to quote the Beaver:

Wally, we got tooken!"

I believe the 2 handbooks are being mixed up. Fadala has one and Lyman has one. They are different. I've had the Lyman since 1975 and Fadala had nothing to do with it.
I bought some new ones last yr. still in the plastic wrap
and they were the same as my old one.ISBN 0-912412-07-0.
I also have the 1st edition of Fadala's handbook but not the later editions. As far as I can tell Fadala has never
done anything with Lymans handbook. They are both good
and have different info. I use them both a lot.

I believe the 2 handbooks are being mixed up. Fadala has one and Lyman has one. They are different. I've had the Lyman since 1975 and Fadala had nothing to do with it.

You are correct.

The Lyman book has not been published for 31 years (copyright 1974), whereas the latest version of the Fadala book came out last year.

Gun Digest Blackpowder Loading Manual (Gun Digest Blackpowder Loading Manual) by Sam Fadala (March 1, 2004)

I have both the 1st and 2nd edition. I enjoy them and have them around for research. However, nowhere in either books is there an adequate explanation for the Demons who ride atop of the ball and scream and it is shot from the barrel. You'd think with man in space, cloning and modern computers we'd would by now know why it does that.

To find that info you need the Black Powder Gun Digest.

My Lyman Black Powder Handbook is copyright 1975, with the 10th printing in August, 1992. NEXT: "Lyman Black Powder Handbook & Loading Manual All New 2nd Edition" written by Sam Fadala, copyright 2001, no ISBN number, but Item # 9827100 UPC # 011516971005. Has a kind of red colored cover with yellow title. 3 pictures of cans of powder, 3 blackpowder rifles and two blackpowder handguns.

My Lyman Black Powder Handbook is copyright 1975, with the 10th printing in August, 1992. NEXT: "Lyman Black Powder Handbook & Loading Manual All New 2nd Edition" written by Sam Fadala, copyright 2001, no ISBN number, but Item # 9827100 UPC # 011516971005. Has a kind of red colored cover with yellow title. 3 pictures of cans of powder, 3 blackpowder rifles and two blackpowder handguns.

I stand (slouch) corrected. ::

Yup Herb! That are tha one Ah gots. Ah guess Ah gots ta take ma kommant back now.

"HAY WALLY!! We didn't get tooken! I sold it to Lumpy for 20 cents. :: :: He said he was going to use it for a seat cushion in his car! :: ::"

Back