• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Deer stalker 54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaethjm

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well i shot my new deer stalker 6 times today followed great directions 70 gr 2f PRB no flash in pan almost instant bang. I am sold clean up was just as easy as with inline. This is my first flinter in about 25 years others were poor quality and were not dependable. I know there will be problems but for the first outing it was great thanks for all the good advise I read here.

Pardon my ignorance. What are you meaning by "shining time"?

Thanks,

HuntAway

HuntAway said:
Pardon my ignorance. What are you meaning by "shining time"?

Thanks,

HuntAway

That what they say when you live under a rainbow? :youcrazy:
I really like my Deerstalker flintlock!After I got the "Bugs" worked out,now it's a really reliable gun! :thumbsup:

I sort of figured good luck but had never heard that turn of phrase. Thanks halftail.

P.S. Once I changed out the vent liner on my Deerstalker and GPR they fire all the time.

P.S. Once I changed out the vent liner on my Deerstalker and GPR they fire all the time.[/quote]

Which vent liner did you change to?

arkrivco

No need for me to change the vent liner. I finally shot my new Deerstalker in 50 caliber.
Shot great out of the box. 70 grains FFFG Goex, FFFFG for the primer charge, 5 shots, no flash in the pan, fast ignition. I do have a question about the front sight. Once you adjust it, do you glue it in or is there another way to tighten it?

arkrivco

arkrivco said:
No need for me to change the vent liner. I finally shot my new Deerstalker in 50 caliber.
Shot great out of the box. 70 grains FFFG Goex, FFFFG for the primer charge, 5 shots, no flash in the pan, fast ignition. I do have a question about the front sight. Once you adjust it, do you glue it in or is there another way to tighten it?

arkrivco

Arkrivco,
You front sight is loose?The sight on my Deerstalker fits in a dovetail and is quite snug.You could take a punch and a hammer and give the 4 points around the sight a whack to "Set" the sight.

Yea. The front sight fit is loose. It almost slides around. I'm a bit afraid to punch it in place-I don't want it to break. :shake:
Any other suggestions? Maybe I should call Lyman.

arkrivco

Back