• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Flintlocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,

I guess this threads right into the existing threaded touch hole?

I still may try to drill the original, but I now have and option.

It may thread right into the existing touch hole but before doing that, hold it against the muzzle with the outer end flush with the barrels side flat and note the location of the end from the bore.

The liner should be equal to or shorter than the wall thickness of the barrel. If it is longer the inner end (closest to the bore) should be filed off to shorten it.

If it is left longer than the wall thickness not only will it interfere with cleaning the bore but the extra length can block off the area that the new powder charge needs to get past to give good ignition.

Yes, just remove the old liner and the RMC will thread in, I use Gorrilla Grease on the threads for future removal, it seems that the hex hole acts like the exterior coning shown in the earlier posts which is a definite plus.

Latest posts

Back