• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman or Lee molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DOC: For what it's worth,I've cast several hundred rounds ea.out of my Lee molds,if i'm shooting target I weigh them and discard those that are more than 1grn.+ -. If the heat is right and I pour properly,very few have to be remelted.I have a .530 and a .490 single cavity in roundball,and a double cavity .454 conical for the Ruger Old Army.I have a .440 RB double on order for my Kentucky. As others here have said,the Lee molds are a little more fragile than the Lyman and others, but You can buy two molds with handles for what one set of lyman blocks cost,without handles.If a BP club or org. were buying molds for org. use,then the Lymans and RCBS would stand up better with several people useing them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Gordy

Latest posts

Back