• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Trade rifle ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a New in box Lyman Trade rifle in .54 cal for $205 including shipping. What y'all think? Good deal or not? Thanks for any advice.

Pretty good deal.
I think you'll be saving about $30-40.
I paid $245+/- for mine.

Huntin

That is a good deal. Like Huntin said, its about $35.00 less then I paid for my flintlock Trade Rifle...

Most that I have seen run about $245.00 to $250.00,plus you are getting free shipping.I own a percussion in .50 cal. for over 10 years,great shooting gun good quality.I would snap it up real quick if I were you.

Rebel, thats a great deal...and a great caliber !
I would grab it quick!...you will regret it later if ya dont.

*** WV SCROUNGER ***

Rebel
That is a very good deal. Lymans are one of the best production rifles there is and 54 is a real good caliber too. I have had several GPR's in 54 and have shot them for years and never had any problems. Jump an that because you will regert it later!

952 :thumbsup:

I figger that if ya pass on that one you probably got yer sights on another one....RIGHT?
Once the " buying" bug bite ya ...well ya just end up BUYING!` Well ...I do anyhow...

*** WV SCROUNGER ***

Actually, i have my sights set on a few others, but think i am going to hold off until business picks up and i can afford to get an in the white from Early Rustic or TVM.

The Trade Rifle's not a bad deal at all, but if I could swing something from early rustic arms, I would go with that, too. good Luck with that.

Couldnt be happier with my .54 Lyman Trade Rifle, and its a straight shooter too. I got mine at Wal-mart, they were closing out "traditional" ML is favor of inlines. A small scuff on the stock and some bargaining got me the gun for $168.00 (original closeout price $210.00) Could not pass it up. A good gun for the money IMHO.
Flint50

Latest posts

Back