• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman's Answer to broken Under-lug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jailcop

32 Cal.
Reaction score
:blah: Here is Lyman's responce:

Unfortunately, we do not have the proper set-up here to weld these lugs.
This is done in Italy by our vendor. Possibly a local welding shop could
help.

Thats a sad reply form Lyman ... so in essence they are admitting that they are just acting as a go between for an Italian company? No real inshop support? Too sad indeed! :(

Davy

Dixon's Muzzleloading shop in SE PA was doing the Lyman warranty work as recently as 2001. Their website is easy to find with google. I'd suggest you give them a call.

I took a Lyman Trade rifle to them with the same problem. They either welded it or gave me a new barrel cause when I walked out it was fixed and hasn't given me any problems since.

Old Salt

Possibly a local welding shop could
help.
gee, are they willing to pick up the bill? i have a gpr and am very pleased with it - hope it never breaks! :cursing:

:shocked2: :applause: I spoke to an Auto Body shop that had a Mig welder he said he would Mig weld it. I am going to take it in tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help.
Jim

:winking: I also have a TC 50 cal w a GM 32 barrel. I wanted the Lyman because it had a slower twist.
Jim

:grin: :grin: Took the barrel today and had the underlug welded back on. The Mig welder gid the trick. Dressed it up with the dremel tool Looks Great. :bow:
Thanks
Jim

:grin: :grin: Took the barrel today and had the underlug welded back on. The Mig welder gid the trick. Dressed it up with the dremel tool Looks Great. :bow:
Thanks
Jim :hatsoff:

I'm still a little disappointed in Lymans response to the problem.

Seems if members here have the ways and means to fix something so simple the "manufacturer" should too, or at least be still affiliated with a place like Dixsons to handle these repairs, and if waranted on a warrantee basis.

Mad Professor said:
I'm still a little disappointed in Lymans response to the problem.

Seems if members here have the ways and means to fix something so simple the "manufacturer" should too, or at least be still affiliated with a place like Dixsons to handle these repairs, and if waranted on a warrantee basis.

I totally agree with that scenario! I think TC rates way above, and deserves major kudos in that regard for their superior warranty! :hatsoff:

Davy

im not much on italian made items after i bought a 6 shooter from cabelas and it pretty much fell apart in my hand after every shot. Didnt they offer to fix it?

Back