• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

man i scored on a great find today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i saw you guys talkin on here about cains outdoors formerly (mountain state muzzleloading). i havent been there in years actually thought they went bankrupt. one great find was to actually find out they are alive and well. same neat little shop and only about 40 minutes from the house. but while i was there i picked up a drop in GM 54 smoothbore barrel for my hawken. new in the box. i guess they went out of production a while ago. it was the last one he had. look out bunnies and squirrels.

I picked up a flinter one from GM when they had them on sale for 100 bucks. Pretty heavy with the 32" FL oct. bbl. in .54 smoothie, though it works great with shot and very good with ball out to 50 yds.

I got rid of the OEM sights and made up a bead for the front, and of course the aluminum RR had to go.

Latest posts

Back