• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Maple stocks from DGW???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bavarialand

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone ever purchased one of those curly maple stocks from DGW?? i am thinking about it but i wanted to ask before i plunk down the big$$ for a custom stock. thanks, Dave

bavarialand

Yes, I have purchased 10 to 12 of those curly maple stocks from DGW

I think that they don’t have anyone that can grade wood, or they don’t care what
they send out. They will take it back if you don’t like it. just don’t work on it first.

Tinker2

I've bought pistol stock blanks from them in Curly Maple and they were fairly good for the price.

Before spending your money at Dixie though, check out Pecatonica Rivers prices and Track of the Wolf prices.
I believe you will find either of them to be less expensive than Dixie gunworks.

You can find both of these suppliers in our "Links" forum under parts and supplies

QUICK LINK TO PARTS AND SUPPLIES

The wood they have is over-dried soft white maple. I hate to say it, but they need to get their wood somewhere else. Although it has some stripe, the wood tears and acts like its....punky? Don't know how to describe it, just don't like it.

Try calling Muzzleloader Builders Supply. They have some stock blanks in some pretty good grades for the money. The owner is a builder and knows wood.

I have not bought any for a few years, but the last one from Dixie was drop shipped from Jack Garner. So I just go straight to him, he has some on sale from time to time. They seem to be a softer maple.
Don in IA.

Back