• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mark Wheland Fowler on the way!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Rogers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my good news! Mark just emailed me that my New England Fowler that we set up for building a few years ago is complete! It is built in early New England-French influenced style, circa 1750, from what Mark could find with his research and personal experience. I gave him free rein to build what he thought a northern colonalist in 1750 would have been carrying around the woods of northern New England at the time. Specs: Solid Cherry stock, Getz 48-inch octagonal-to-round 24 gauge barrel, all brass hardware, with large Siler lock with modifications as Mark thought best. I will try to post some photos as soon as I can figure out how!!! Very excited and cannot wait until it arrives!!!

Yes indeed, what a great thing to be waiting for, especially after two years. This kind of thing turns a guy into a 10 year old the week before Christmas! Being a homebread New Englander who contemplates having one built "someday" I'm especially interested in seeing your pictures. - Marc

Be sure to put notice on this smoothbore forum if you put in the picture forum as half of us who want to see it will surely miss it. :thumbsup:

Boy,oh boy.......
What you've got is contagious!
Mark's work is of the highest order :thumbsup:

Wow........you are going to be one happy camper.
Mark Wheland has built two rifles for me and one Chambers Smooth Rifle kit. His work is nothing short of stellar! I will be seeing him at the mini CLA show this coming Friday and he is one of the most talented and nicest guys you will ever meet! :hatsoff:

Hi Mr Doc Rogers, I was talking to Mark Wheland today at the CLA show in Lewisburg and your name came up. It is a pleasure to make your aquaintance, even though it is through ciber space. God speed and come home safe.

When will it be in Vermont? It needs to be frozen and soaked, to give it a look no craftman can give, only God.

Back