• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock Harvest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchyPine

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Yeeeee Haaaaaa, got er done boys. :)
Went out too my stand on the edge of the field, sat with the match burning while waiting. About a hour later six does came out on the field about 100 yards out. One nice doe was standing quartering away at right around a hundred yards so i brought the rifle up, settled in then reached over and picked the match up and put it in the serpentine.
Blew on it several times and put the sites on her behind the ribs and lowered the match into the pan.
She ran about 50 yards and piled up, ball came out in the ribs right behind the shoulder on the far side.
Was loaded with a 530 ball over 80 grains of FFF and pillow ticking patch lubed with crisco.
Got out of the stand and did a re load, grabbed the yet burning match and ram rod and headed for the woods.
I`m a pretty happy camper, two new rifles, one i built and two deer, it doesn`t get any better than that.
Thanks too all you guys here for the encouragement, knowledge and friendship. :hatsoff:

matchlockdoe1.jpg

Pitchy, I am so happy for you, this has to be a most memorable season for you!!! Especially with the matchlock, from scratch to fruition the circle is complete!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow, Ya did it! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Breaking in one new rifle is good, but two is better.
Better buy a Powerball ticket, you're on a roll. :applause:

Congrats Pitchy :applause: :applause: :applause: You Da Man :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :) :) Dont get much better than that :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, and better yet i had the honor of giving all my deer too a buddy that has five family`s too get deer for. He came over a got a nice doe yesterday also.
I have been blessed this year for sure. :thumbsup:

Sweet!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

i couldnt be happier than if i had done that myself way to go bro ,but it does no suprize me at all ,i somehow knew you would get one with that matchlock it was in the cards, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations,Pitchy. :bow: :bow:
The first deer with your selfmade matchlock. :thumbsup:
Maybe the first deer that was shot with a matchlock since the 17th century? :hmm:
In any case the first deer that was shot with a matchlock in the 21st century.He Pitchy, you made history.
:hatsoff:

Thanks Gents, this years hunt sure helped get my mind off bad things. :thumbsup:
I forgot my range finder yesterday so i just went out and checked the distance, 95 yards. :)

Well noww if that don't beat all! :hmm: Give a man an old rusty barrel, and somehow he comes up with not one deer but two! two! :grin:

Great stuff Pitchey! Welldone brother welldone! :hatsoff:

Davy

Thanks bro, if it wouldn`t of been for this board it never would of happened. :hatsoff:

Back