• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock Harvest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KyFlintlock said:
Now that is something most folks will never do. Congrats!
Thanks, not sure how many times i want to do it. :haha: Couple of things i learned,be sure to incorporate a ram rod into the gun, make it light as possible, put some sort of safety on it. :thumbsup:
My number one hunting gun will be the Blue Ridge 54. :thumbsup:

Hello from Ge!

Congrats and Waidmanns Heil! hope to get a roe with my flinter the next weeks too.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Wish I could have seen that. I've only seen those guns on TV and in books. That must take some skill to hold on the target (deer) waiting for it to go off. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Gents :hatsoff:
Actually ignition is fast, real fast and you can`t see when the match hits the powder so ya don`t flinch at all which makes it so accurate imo. :thumbsup:

Okay, Pitchy!
Now I see that I was highly confused as well as having mental slippage! Hee, Hee!

Thanks for posting the pic. 95 yards is a fair shot with muzzleloader and open sights.

Congratulations! I'll have to come to this forum and then I will keep up with things.
volatpluvia

Pitchy, I am IMPRESSED!! That's a heckuva shot with any gun, but a matchlock. You are da man :bow: :bow: :bow: ...Bud

Thanks Gents :hatsoff:
Ypu should of seem me trying too walk through the thick brush with that heavy thing in one hand and a brass ram rod and the match in the other.
Puts a whole knew meaning to getting hit in the face with brush. :haha:

RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow:
Send that pic to Toby Bridges and write an article and send it to Muzzleblast,Muzzleloader, and Backwoodsman.
I about puked my guts out on yet another dang inline hunting article in last months Muzzleblast.

at Dixons muzzleloader fair there was a tent giving out free muzzleloader magazines,I asked if there were articles about inlines,they said yes,,,I said no thanks,, :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Greenmtnboy said:
RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow:
Send that pic to Toby Bridges and write an article and send it to Muzzleblast,Muzzleloader, and Backwoodsman.
I about puked my guts out on yet another dang inline hunting article in last months Muzzleblast.

Emailed him the pic. :thumbsup:

Back