• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock / mace

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bro, no i have an idea for a neat linkage i want to try so prob another matchlock but don`t know how soon. :)

Love the pics, how long did that take to make?
I posted some pics a while back of some wheelock swords/maces. Hopefully they are still around on the site somewhere.

When you going to make one of those for everyone here? :thumbsup

edit
Found them, did not take as long as I thought.Just in case you need some inspiration.[url] http://www.myarmoury.com/albums/thumbnails.php?album=39[/url]

When you going to make one of those for everyone here? :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was one long day if i remember right.
Those are some nice pics and are inspiring :thumbsup:

PitchyPine said:
Haven`t shot it yet but here`s another picture of the finished gun.

mace2.jpg

Wow sir that is quite a beauty!
Depending on your hankering I really believe you could sell a few of these if you were of a mind to, and I bet you could charge a pretty penny aswell.

its beautiful

Robert

We were all checking in every few minutes to see the latest update on the day you were making[url] it...grin[/url]. Are you going to finish the surface in some way? Have you got the concealable shoulder holster done yet or the speed-draw-swivel-hook for the gunbelt like Steve McQueens "Mare's Leg" in the old T.V. series?? I love this piece, excellent work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks gents. :hatsoff:

I have no thoughts of making and selling anything, I don`t like reproducing things just want to build unique mechanical objects if that makes sense.
I should put a piece of steel on the side so ya can carry it on your belt.
:hmm:

Davy said:
Have Matchlock .. Will travel! :grin:

Davy

:rotf:

Iposted in my last reply but it didn`t come through that i have an idea about making a wheel lock using a grind stone for the wheel and a linkage that spins the wheel and lowers a serpentine holding a piece of steel onto the wheel all in one motion creating a good shower of sparks. :hmm:

There's a joke about a someone who contracts with an 'old guy' for some craft items.. first one is $8 but after that they are $12.50ea.. punchline is "the first one is fun".

It`s tempting to build and sell but i`m in a position in my life now that i don`t need too and get more joy out of giving than selling.
Someday that may change but for now God is watching over me and my faith is in him.
Don`t get me wrong we live on under 15,000 a year but we have no debt so we make it. :thumbsup:

Your pretty much one of a kind Lenn,,,stay that way..You have more people looking up to you than you know..

You guys keep it up and we`re going to have to have a group hug. :applause: :hatsoff: to ya bro

Pitchy,
I had that idea about the carborundum wheel myself. Do you remember the old child's toy? It was a large wheel on a handle. There was some kind of trigger mechanism that when you pulled it the wheel spun very rapidly and made sparks inside for show? If you had a rack and pinion mechanism that spun the wheel real fast when you pulled a long pull on the wheel and at the end the dog set the pyrite down...hhuummnnnn. Well, have to think this thru.
volatpluvia

Anyone know who make these, been looking for something like this for some time. Maybe some plan on how to make them would be great to. Thanks for any information.

volatpluvia said:
Pitchy,
I had that idea about the carborundum wheel myself. Do you remember the old child's toy? It was a large wheel on a handle. There was some kind of trigger mechanism that when you pulled it the wheel spun very rapidly and made sparks inside for show? If you had a rack and pinion mechanism that spun the wheel real fast when you pulled a long pull on the wheel and at the end the dog set the pyrite down...hhuummnnnn. Well, have to think this thru.
volatpluvia

That along the lines i`m thinking but can`t find the proper size grindstone for the wheel.
Going to take a little pondering and looking before the bell rings. :hmm:
I don`t know where to find any info about buying or building one wheelockhunter.

I haven't had one of those internal-sparks toy rayguns for absolutely DAYS, but I seem to remember the wheel in the m was not carborundum but roughened steel.

Back