• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock plans?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not, I hasten to add, for me - I know MY limitations!

A fellow poster on another forum has lost his plans for a mid-17thC matchlock of the type used around the time of settlement of the Americas and the English Civil War.

Does anybody here know of any readily available plans for a firearm of this type?

TIA

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

You might want to contact the Rifle Shoppe in Oklahoma. They have all sorts of things for and from that specific era.

GRA said:
You might want to contact the Rifle Shoppe in Oklahoma. They have all sorts of things for and from that specific era.

Thank you, Sir, I'm much obliged to you.

tac
supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

Thanks to all who responded by PM. We'll see how the gentleman concerned gets on.

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

hello,
I am the user out of the other forum.
I need a matchlock musket for my reenactment hobby.
I am a scotish soldier in the 30years war in germany.
I learnd to work with metal and wood in my job, and so I want to bult the musket by myself.
It is very hard to find something in google about this weapons.
Please help me with a blue print if it is possible

Gruß Christian

Please excuse my very bad school english,it is 40 years ago.

sobald ich das File finde sende ich dir einen Plan für ein Luntenschlossgewehr.

edith: Pläne sind raus.

Pasqinell said:
hello,
I am the user out of the other forum.
I need a matchlock musket for my reenactment hobby.
I am a scotish soldier in the 30years war in germany.
I learnd to work with metal and wood in my job, and so I want to bult the musket by myself.
It is very hard to find something in google about this weapons.
Please help me with a blue print if it is possible

Gruß Christian

Please excuse my very bad school english,it is 40 years ago.

Willkommen, Christian! Ich bin sehr froh, daß Sie hier kamen. Wie Sie sehen können, gibt es hier einige sehr hilfreiche leute, die wer viel Wissen und Erfahrung in diesem Stil historischer Erschießung haben.

Hoffentlich werden Sie fähig sein, Ihren luntengeschoss im Stil zu machen, den Sie brauchen. Und wenn Sie eigentlich durch den Prozeß der Konstruktion gehen, werden Sie uns vielleicht Ihren Fortschritt zeigen?

Gruß tac

Hope this might help,its not a plan but a few pictures of a matchlock i made some time ago which i will use for a pistol when i get around to it.
Copyofflintlocktools_0005_edited-1.jpg

Copyofflintlocktools_0004_edited-1.jpg

Matchlock4.jpg

Matchlock3.jpg

matchlock2.jpg

matchlock1.jpg

One of the trickiest parts is the "D" toggle on the inside of the serpentine which I have seen made by brazing a bent finishing nail to a square nut.

Karl

Nicely done, thank you for posting that, I don’t have one yet but I can see one in my future. :)

Thanks again
William Alexander

Back