• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock x accuracy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumo shotgun= bad typing the O is to close to the P on my computers keyboard? I am going to move it to another spot? LOL!
I should have figured that My E gajet does the same thing some bloke called Querty apparently ..
Regards Rudyard

But the issue is not about smootbore or rifle...the issue is about the locking system. It seems that anyone who uses a matchlock isn't worried about making an accurate shot. Well, every photo or video is just concerned with showing the smoking rope... the target that is most important, no one shows it. That's why the question arises as to whether there is something in the matchlock that prevents accurate shots from being achieved.
Dear Sandro As a maker & shooter of matchlocks Ide have to opine that there IS a desire to hit as accurately as your able. What ' How too videos' might show & they be happy just to show the by todays thinking' novelty'
.But serious target ( & my own case Hunting on occasion )matchlock shooters go beyound the theater & strive to get the highest score in a 'match' IE competition .Note' Bucks County s' post re the 'Possible" he witnessed at an International event shot OH or maybe sitting in the only two position matches for Match locks at that time .His own rested' Possible' illustrates the possibility but the actual match is OH or Sitting .two separate matches .I did hunt deer but mostly culled ferrol goats with mine it was one I made that took a 50 cal smooth bore & another barrel with an interchangeable 54 cal rifled . A rugged looking effort looks like it was knocked up from a reject fence post on a wet weekend a' bitsa' of a gun but else wise a nice snap matchlock actually my gun &' Bucks Countys '& a mate to it where all stocked in some Old church roof from Picton we think of Miro a NZ Native . All been fine even if you cant hear hyme singing from it .
Rudyard a Matchlock nut.

Dear Cyten . Well it does fit in the match is at 55 yards that
s a good figure of a man but the target standard or so high now . still a wobbly art. OH I used a ' Mary Rose ' Venetian stye but with Scots restock style . The one Pommy B shot on that Video was one of my 'make regular Venetian much like the ones in the Tower & the ones recovered from Henry the 8ths Ship 'Mary Rose' that Sank in the Solent 1545 or 6 I forget all kinds a items bows .shoes. ect preserved by the mud He bought or wanted to buy many hundreds, The AK of its day . High cyclitic rate of one every so often .Some likely got to Ancrum Moor hence my Scots restocking it was about the same date I could look it up but not important .Are you still in California or on the track some exotic place
. Regards Rudyard where ever you are
Just got back to the Caucasus for a bit, but you know how it is, itchy feet wont let me stay still!

Just got back to the Caucasus for a bit, but you know how it is, itchy feet wont let me stay still!
Itchy feet I did know that feeling but too old to be on the track like once I did . Give my Regards to Bobbi Ile measure the Roski's again I did do but lost my notes. Oh are the M spring's of the typical Greek locks 3" O A available my original broak & had it welded but its not strong enough they seem so close youde think they might interchange ide best draw a pic& the dims & send a pic . Happy trails.
Regards Rudyard

Latest posts

Back