• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Meatloaf fixed.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, Brits, Sprocket must get pretty tired retrieving all those.

Love it. :grin:

Spence

Your photos are always great, Brits, I look forward to them. This one is above average.

Spence

Makes me hungry every time I see your photos and read about meatloaf!

Reflecting my own upbringing down on the border with Mexico, my mind wanders to albondigas, a Mexican meatball soup. As much as I enjoy a good meat loaf, I like albondigas even better, potentially a great use for your rock doves. I know it sure turns out well with dove or rabbit.

Brit, what's on the ground to your left, next to your fox tail?......Decoys?

All your hunting photos, almost make me want to move to the UK... :thumbsup:

Excuse my ignorance but what are they? Pigeons? Is there a statue somewhere in that field? :slap:
Oh, and what is the gun?

colorado clyde said:
Brit, what's on the ground to your left, next to your fox tail?......Decoys?

All your hunting photos, almost make me want to move to the UK... :thumbsup:

Yes sir, shell decoys, ancient ones at that! They are in fact a friends whom gave them to me about twenty years ago. He bought them in the 80's!

Kapow said:
Excuse my ignorance but what are they? Pigeons? Is there a statue somewhere in that field? :slap:
Oh, and what is the gun?
Yes wood pigeons.
The only statue in the photo is still alive.....just.
The gun is a .45 Kentucky commemorative by Armisport of around 1983 vintage. Smooth bore.

Deputy Dog said:
You have done well again sir! Tia doesn't seem to be too interested in the pigeons, maybe she doesn't like getting feathers in her mouth, LOL.........robin :wink:
She had been told to sit still...for the camera!

Many years ago I photo'd my wife sat on a rock on a beach, after the photo my wife got off the rock.

Tia got on the rock and only got off it after I took a photo!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your idea of meatloaf....it's a wonderful meal that makes questionable meat seem like a gourmet's delight. Seeing it's ground up meat of whatever which becomes very tender, the addition of spices and herbs covers up any "wild taste" and lo and behold, a fabulous entrée.

I make meatloaf quite often from beef, venison and elk meat {all these meats can stand on their own, but I'm addicted to meatloaf}. The problem arises w/ meatloaf as to what styles of potatoes to serve....venison and elk meatloaf have wonderful gravies, but beef ground meat produces way too much fat and requires differently prepared potatoes.

What style potatoes do you serve w/ your "inspired" meatloaf...or don't you have potatoes?....just being nosey and trying to learn.....Fred

Fred. I am partial to boiled in their skin washed potatoes with carrot and when half cooked chopped leeks added.
Mash with some milk and butter.
Stir in some cheese squares.

A serving of simple gravy from granules on the meat.

B :hatsoff:

Well, that sounds a bit better than "Bubble & Squeak" but "Toad in the Hole" might be made with those birds? It could be good. :)

Back