• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Meatloaf fixed.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures, as usual. Wish it was cool enough where I live to wear a coat right now.

What load were you using, and at what kind of ranges were your kills?

Good question, range was about 25' and I was using 3/8oz #7. 4f powder.

The decoys attracted the birds to land in a couple of trees I was hidden under!

B.

Your "light loads" surely do the job....and using 4f enables you to use less powder? Evidently the MLer you used has a very tight bore....it's nearly like using a rifle?

Really like your way of doing things...minimum charges and maximum food on the table...we could all take a lesson from you.....Fred

I don't recommend the 4f thing, Imean iI don't want folk thinking they can go and tip it in in place of their normal charge.
This .45 has some barrel wall thickness! I have to be very careful with the amount of powder!

3f is my preferred choice.

B.

Sorry to be late getting to the table...great seeing you and your ole hunting partner! Miss seeing ole Sprocket in some of your photos. Know she's getting along and ours we had for 17 & 1/2 years...just let her go along as long as she's able.

Back