• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Meet the challenge?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoochiepapa

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I am a life member of the NRA and got my new copy of American Hunter today. There are four or so pages in the mag that have pics of hunters and their success. Not one primitive rifle, fowling piece, were in those pics. I think we should promote our sport and post pics in that mag or ANY hunting mag, showing our successes. There were some mighty good looking deer taken this last year, not to mention the turkeys, squirrels, gophers, etc., and we should be proud of that enough to put our pics and stories out and show how we hunt. What say ye??

I agree with you 100% !! We need to promote our sport to others who enjoy similar sports!

But... I have sent lots of pictures to many magazines and not once had a photo run. My thoughts (just mine) is that if you are not in full camo using a production made rifle (thats who advertises in those magazines) there is only a slim chance of getting in. In their defense they get thousands of photos to choose from. If you notice most state the type of camo, the rifle, etc.. I am pretty proud of the fact that all of my stuff is hand made by either myself or some other talented craftsman. But if you are tryin to sell something, showing someone doing without it just aint good buisness.

Once again I agree with you 100%!! And I will continue to try and get one of my photos into a mainstream hunting magazine as long as I have photos to share, as we all should. :wink:

hmmmm.... maybe I should submit this year's deer I got with my Thompson Center Renegade while wearing mossy oak breakup camo. :idunno: I sent my first deer story to Muzzleloader Magazine but they sent me a letter saying they I won't know if they chose it or not for a year. I think I'll send it into our Tri-state Hunting Magazine(local magazine). That could maybe influence people in my area.

amen I think this is a great idea. plus to much any more you see a guy with a nice deer or elk or ? and he's holding a ugly inline! hay I'll be the first to tell ya these old timers work just was well on game. plus there pretty.

Latest posts

Back