• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Middlesex Ketland Trade Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FearNot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Middlesex Village advertises something they call the Ketland Trade Pistol. Is this a reproduction of an actual style of pistol or something they made up? If it is a repro, about what time frame does it fall into?

Thanks,

Here is their description of the pistol.

Here is our new Brass Barreled Ketland Trade Pistol. The ketlands were my favorite gunmakers. The family produced flintlocks and parts to build them in Birmingham England for several generations. This is your typical "trade pistol" of the late 18th and early 19th century.

I don't know if this statement is accurate.

If anyone's interested in photos of a ketland pistol go to;
[url] photobucket.com/albums/a82/jdzara/[/url]

The pistol has a 9 1/4" brass barrel, iron breechplug,
and is .50 cal.
The engraved flower is on photo 3.
Regards,
Jerry
jdzara

Last edited by a moderator:
I want it. I want it BAD ! So if it's late 18th- early 19th century would it be out of the question to see one of thees stuffed in a guy's belt in East Texas around 1825 - 30?

no, it wouldn't. While still marked "london" Ketland did start doing business through New York after the American revolution. The United States was trying to jump start a domestic arms industry and bought guns and parts from Ketland.

Back