• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

middlesex village trading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ordered from them in the past. They're a husband and wife team and they get their guns from India. My experience with their customer service was very good. They're not always there to answer the phone, but if you leave a message they get back to you quickly.

As far as the Brown Bess musket I ordered from them, I got it for 60% of the price that a Pedersoli would have cost me. Unfortunately, the gun itself needed some work to get it to where I was happy with it.

At this point, I've refinished the stock, reworked the trigger, dulled the finish on the barrel, (they come so highly polished that they look like they're chrome plated), "adjusted" the barrel until it shot to point of aim and tempered the ramrod.

Now it looks and shoots pretty good.

I've had a blast shooting it, but in retrospect I feel I paid too much for it. It really shouldn't have cost more than $400 IMO and I have seen them used for less than that.

thanks for the info. I had never heard of them until I saw them mentioned in this months backwoodsman. I guess you get what you pay for.

I still think for us on a limited budget they are the way to go.very happy with mine.

Of the 'cheap' muskets out there, they are known to have the best customer service. The quality is lower than Pedersoli, but it is half the price too.

I have seen only one of their guns. It was a fowler and I thought it looked okay from a distance but when I began to examine it, I found it to be a cheaply made gun. I think they may be okay if you only want one to use in reenacting but if you want a shooter, I'd look elsewhere.

I have one of their Fowlers and it is a shooter. It is a very sturdy gun and you can refinish them and make a good looking gun.

my first post on this forum - i ordered an English Doglock Pistol from them.

i cant say about the quality, as the gun didnt arrive yet (shipping to Europe) but their customer service i consider great.

The response time wasnt very fast but considering the time difference and the fact i wrote on a friday night (well late night for me) it was superb.

Now just to wait for the gun itself :)

Back