• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MilitaryHeritage.com gun quality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muggsy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple of Brown Bess' at an inexpensive price and came across[url] MilitaryHeritage.com[/url] (Descriminating General)- they are going to be carried by teenagers in a fife and drum corps and will not be fired (they are for looks only). Has anyone had any experience with guns from this company? Obviously I'm looking for well made guns that will withstand constant handling, dropping, etc. I like the fact that they come without touchholes drilled so I dont have to worry about anyone trying to fire them who does not know how to shoot flintlocks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Muggsy :blah:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for something for "show-&-tell", they'll be O.K. These guns, reguardless of importer, are made in India and nearly all I've seen are a bit 'clunky' compared to the originals. For display this wouldn't be too bad and if you have time on your hands, you can shave some off the stock to "pretty" them up. :rolleyes:

My personnal guess is that they may be very
close to the originals when they came out of the
factory . To close for modern taste .

In one of his booklets , Kit Ravenshear mention that
common guns had no finish at all ,he wished that someone
someday would order him a totally PC gun.
It looks like he died before such a thing happend.

Mugsy,

I have a 2nd Land Pattern and like it. Our sister unit has about 15 or 20 of the Long Land patterns and really like them.

There are some problems. The bayonet did not go on easily, but some careful fiiling took care of that. The cock screw was bent in shipping and the threads were poor. I straightened it out and chased out the threads. The ramrod threads were awful and I chased them out as well.

Otherwise, I think that they would be good for your needs.

Also check Loyalist Arms and Middlesex Trading.

YMHS,
CrackStock

Middlesex Village Traders has them as a package with the bayonet, sling, flashguard, and hammerstall, for about the same, or maybe less than Military Heritage.

Middlesex Village Traders web page has crappy pictures for a reason. Guy in my unit got one and returned it, total Piece of garbage. Go for loyalist arms, they need some work to make them closer to historic accuracy though, but for the money you can't beat it.

Latest posts

Back