• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Miroku 1766 Charleville having Hammer/Frizzen Problems

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be careful

This is a miroku 1763/66 lock I tuned and polished at 220 then brushed with a fine wire wheel. While you can achieve this 220 paper , stones work much better. When you’re polishing use mineral oil as a lubricant and soft backer helps too.

For bearing points just light polishing use very little pressure. It doent much to fix you’re issue

Attachments

• IMG_3887.jpeg
    IMG_3887.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is a miroku 1763/66 lock I tuned and polished at 220 then brushed with a fine wire wheel. While you can achieve this 220 paper , stones work much better. When you’re polishing use mineral oil as a lubricant and soft backer helps too.

For bearing points just light polishing use very little pressure. It doent much to fix you’re issue
Very nice polishing job. What do you mean by stones?

Last edited:
Back