• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Miroku Model 1861 Springfield Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. If you see the review in the book The Civil War Musket; Lock, Stock, & Barrel, Craig Barry remarks that the '61 Miroku is "better in every possible way" to other repros. The shape of the stock & butt, AND the flash channel's being so close to the originals. It's very close to picking up an original, mint copy.
The Pedersoli has the advantage of being stocked in walnut though.

OK. If you see the review in the book The Civil War Musket; Lock, Stock, & Barrel, Craig Barry remarks that the '61 Miroku is "better in every possible way" to other repros. The shape of the stock & butt, AND the flash channel's being so close to the originals. It's very close to picking up an original, mint copy.
My stock IS Walnut. My SN is #0013, and is very early production if that is any indication.

Last edited:
Correction on my Miroku '61: the SN is #0013!! Which shocked me when I got it from Dixie. I don't know if the factory started at #1, but if so, it's an early production with new, sharp tooling.

My stock IS Walnut. My SN is #0013, and is very early production if that is any indication.
Correction on my Miroku '61: the SN is #0013!! Which shocked me when I got it from Dixie. I don't know if the factory started at #1, but if so, it's an early production with new, sharp tooling.
Walnut is uncommon on these Miroku guns from what I've heard. That's pretty crazy that you potentially have the 13th one ever made! Could I see some pictures of it?

Walnut is uncommon on these Miroku guns from what I've heard. That's pretty crazy that you potentially have the 13th one ever made! Could I see some pictures of it?
I will double check the wood! Sure looks like walnut! Can't believe it's stained birch. I recall when ordering it out of the flyer Dixie sent, (I guess they don't send them anymore due to cost, etc.?) I asked the woman specifically, did they find or have a cache or supply of them? She said yes. I don't take or post digital, I use the library computer, and am woefully un-skilled in the computer world. But, I will see if I can find someone confident in taking and sending photos to "shoot" my # 0013 and send them along to you. I'll write down your moniker, 1General-Grant, and try to follow up. This goes back about 20 years when I was buying lots of musket repros; I got one of the fine James River Armory '61's that were de-farbed and set up for target shooting; they came in as smooth bores and the rifling was done here by Mr. Hoyt. They were about $729 at the time, I still have the ad copy for it. Advice: guys should save in folders any paperwork or receipts that come with items ordered. Years later you can recall dates, costs, etc. That's AFTER your invest in a fine, pro quality screwdriver set, like I didn't do back when I was 25! "13" seems to be a lucky number for me!

I will double check the wood! Sure looks like walnut! Can't believe it's stained birch. I recall when ordering it out of the flyer Dixie sent, (I guess they don't send them anymore due to cost, etc.?) I asked the woman specifically, did they find or have a cache or supply of them? She said yes. I don't take or post digital, I use the library computer, and am woefully un-skilled in the computer world. But, I will see if I can find someone confident in taking and sending photos to "shoot" my # 0013 and send them along to you. I'll write down your moniker, 1General-Grant, and try to follow up. This goes back about 20 years when I was buying lots of musket repros; I got one of the fine James River Armory '61's that were de-farbed and set up for target shooting; they came in as smooth bores and the rifling was done here by Mr. Hoyt. They were about $729 at the time, I still have the ad copy for it. Advice: guys should save in folders any paperwork or receipts that come with items ordered. Years later you can recall dates, costs, etc. That's AFTER your invest in a fine, pro quality screwdriver set, like I didn't do back when I was 25! "13" seems to be a lucky number for me!
How long have you owned it for?

You need a time machine. $165 for a Miroku in 1979

Attachments

• Screenshot_27-8-2024_9910_.jpeg
    Screenshot_27-8-2024_9910_.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 0
I have one of the James River Armory '61's that were imported smooth, and rifled by Hoyt. Early 2000's. James River went away from the muzzle loading line and got into modern varieties. The Hoyt-barreled ones have a high target sight, they are not for bayonets, they were meant for target shooting only.

Back