• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Misfiring CVA Percussion Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I will add is that swabbing is just that, down and up then either turn the patch over and do it again or discard it. Swabbing is not cleaning and it will leave just a little fouling behind but not enough to plug everything up. Pick up some 100% cotton flannel and cut into 2.5 inch squares, then place in an airtight container with just enough 91% rubbing alcohol to dampen them. Use only for swabbing, which I like to do between every shot while at the range because it works for me. Cotton flannel and rubbing alcohol are cheap so if you do need to swab between every shot don't feel bad.

When you get home you can use a dry flannel patch to clean the barrel when you pump the soapy water in and out of it. When cleaning you work the patch covered cleaning jag down and up the bore several times and don't have to change it until you switch to clean water.

Latest posts

Back