• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Miss Fish" scores, first b.p. buck!(pics)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkmountainken

40 Cal.
Reaction score
had an awesome day today in the beautifull Adirondacks while hunting with a good friend. got in my treestand at daylight, still to pretty dark. about 1 hours later i hear the unmisstakable CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH of an animal walking towards me. about 100 yards out i hear a deer blow 5 times, i thought oh no busted!! all was quiet for a half hour and then i heard a deer blow again about 60 yards away. 15 minutes later i hear the crunching again as a deer is walking towards me. ah ha, i finally see movement behind some thick brush and oak trees. now i see a deers body but can not see if its a buck or doe. finally it lowers its head and i see horns!!!! well let me tell you the ole ticker was pumping!! allthough he was only yards away he did not offer a good shot as his body was pretty well hidden and i could only see his head and neck a few secounds at a time. at last he moved where there was a small opening enough to get a good look at his head. as he bent down to pick up some acorns i lined up the sights on Miss Fish ( my Tim Brown .45 flintlock ) right in the middle of his neck and touched the trigger. BOOOOOM!!!!!, down went my first buck killed with black powder. a fine, plump 5 point and man am i proud. a fine deer, a fine rifle, the great Adirondacks and i was hunting with a good friend, dont get any better than that!!
Ken
bpbuck1.jpg

bpbuck2.jpg

missfishbuck.jpg

kenrob.jpg

Hey congratulations on your buck---that's a real good trophy there---and the eating will be good. BTW you have a real nice "companion" in Miss Fish---excellent looking gun. You make me jealous living in the Dacks, I used to guide out of Childwold many years back---and I really miss the north country. My only return is in May, when I venture to Lake Champlain for some good Smallmouth and Pike fishing. :hatsoff:

atta boy KEN! NICE BUCK! course any buck from the adirondacks is a nice buck....with flinter it's a trophy! congrats! RC

Congratulations - The crunch crunch and heart wailing away in your chest are some of the most exciting times in your life. If that stops happening I stop hunting. Season starts Nov 12 in VA. Got my stands up and can't wait to get out. GC

thanks for all the complaments. i can't describe the feeling of being able to make meat and know that i could survive if need be this way. i love the Adirondacks, flintlocks and just being alive to take part in such an awesome adventure!

Congrats Ken!!
Nice Buck and great hunting story too!Them are the kinds of days we never forget.I guess that's one reason hunting is so near and dear to our hearts! :peace:

Way to go! :front: You had my heart pumpin' a bit with the anticipation of watching a buck and waiting for the right shot. Excellent photos :thanks:

Sounds like a fantastic hunt. Way to go! Congrats! That one will make some nice steaks and great jerky.
:front:

Cat9

Back