• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Missouri 'white flints'

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
I ordered a dozen of those Missouri white flints from Rich Pierce about a year ago and I finally got around to trying one today...used one for 50 shots at the range and it did pretty well, knapped it twice...granted it was only one flint at one range session but if the others do as well at the range they'll be good

I tried them on my Fowler too. I like them just as well as the English flints. I'm working on knapping some out of Idaho jasper. Well see how those spark.

I use them on my Pedersoli Blue Ridge and my GPR. They are just as good as English flints and at a great price :thumbsup:

Being a new comer to buying my flintlock supplies in bulk, could you provide contact info on obtaining the white flints??
thanks

Use these flints too and I'm very satisfied. They spark like hell! :thumbsup:

Regards
Kirrmeister

lonewolf465 said:
Being a new comer to buying my flintlock supplies in bulk, could you provide contact info on obtaining the white flints??
thanks

Sent you contact info via PM

Idaho PRB said:
I'm working on knapping some out of Idaho jasper. Well see how those spark.

I got ahold of some Jasper from India in 2007. I didn't make any gunflints from it, but I broke it up for flint and steel firemaking. One stone made gifts for every Scout leader in my troop, and they spark like Splitfire Spark Plugs! If your jasper is like mine, you may want to wear sunglasses when you shoot.

At first it looked a little strange having a white flint in the jaws...might have to get some 1/8" thick bright red leather flint wraps to add some more color...

The White flint is Burlington Chert. I have been using these for a couple of years. They are very good sparkers. And Rich is a really nice fellow to buy from.
So far as being white, they turn black in no time from the flash pan. :thumbsup: I also use the BEF but it keeps going up in price, and down in quality. It is nice to have a supply of something made in the USA.

My Davis Tulle lock and Chambers colonial lock both like them...I suppose there are a couple of deer and a bunch of squirrels that don't.

I use Rich's flints in all my guns. Misfires have gone way down.Is he gonna pay us for being spokespersons? :haha:

redwing said:
So far as being white, they turn black in no time from the flash pan.
Yes, they sure do...really calls attention to the amount of fouling in that whole area that isn't as obvious when using the black english.

A few years back when rumors started about Tom Fuller retiring I put away a big supply of 3/4" BEFs at a low price, but wanted to try some of these white Missouri flints for the hands on experience...

I use Rich's flints too - I am pretty happy with the quality - I have found like I found with the french amber and black english flints - that not all flints are created equal - and some are better than others from the same maker/knapper.

Overall for the price I think Rich's flints can't be beat.

I ordered 1 dozen from Rich march 2. I dont know how long they take to get to Canada? He answered my emails fast. If they are as good as everyone says I know I'll be ordering bi weekly as I shoot way too many days no matter what the temp up here. The joy of working with 7 days off in a row.

ROB

I hate to enter this post so late, but...
I have used English flints for the last 30 plus years, and I guess it is about time to try something else.

Could anyone give me the addy for these "white" flints? :surrender:

Thanks

RA Carroll

Back