• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML bear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, they don't like it! They go down rather easily if the PRB is put in the right place. I shot bear with 80 gr. of 2f and 3f. Pillow ticking PRB will surprise you and others in camp. Go and have a good time and trust the shot. Send an email and I'll try send a "black bear anatomy"/"shot placement" file.

Not yet, Ive taken two bears with a bow and the next will be from either my flint .50 Blue Ridge OR if I get my .54 Lancaster flinter built it will be with that one.

I am sure the .50 will be plenty so trust your shooting and everything will be good.

What zone are you hunting in? I always hunt in zone 26 and we have good luck over the years.

yes 6 down and dead with one ball 80grs 3f all good hits one made it 300 yards rest died with in 100 ft

I'd recommend attending one of the seminars the DNR hosts,
The one I went to I asked whether my 54 would suffice, the Gentlemen's answer was;

"Perfect,my 1st was with a 45!" :wink:

That season, friend Riley got his 225 sow with his 50. Dropped on the spot, DRT, he aimed for the far shoulder and hit the mark, we pulled the ball from the broken far side shoulder bones.

I've shot several bear, 2 with bow, one with Muzzle loader with a conicle. the rest with rifle. If you take out the heart they will go only a few feet, but they can go several hundred yards shot through both lungs, even with a large rifle. My main concern is a blood trail with the PBR.

Back