• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML Maryland SATURDAY!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Muzzleloaders only starts this Saturday. :grin: So the amount of lead down range, especially for the guys on the public lands, will be reduced. In November you could tell if some yahoo had a pump or semi-auto shotgun, and if he had a running deer and was a louzy shot..., boom... boom... boom ...boom... boom, were the guys with pumps, and boom boom boom boom boom were the guys with the semi-autos. :cursing:

I guess I shouldn't be super mad..., the last deer I took was part of a group of does, and they fled from the public lands up onto the property where I was, after being shot at a lot on the public lands. At least I heard a bunch of shots, then a couple minutes later heard the herd coming onto the property from the same direction, slow down, and they stopped in a very cooperative location for me and my flinter.

Should be a good time, cold, and clear, and low winds.

LD

The duck and goose hunters started banging away Saturday & Sunday all morning. I hunt on a public hunting area so they have as much rite to shoot as I but it sure messed up my deer hunting.

fellow md trad muzzleloader hunter here.used to bow anf flintlock hunt 20-25 days a year but since my seperation from my wife this summer i just havent been able to get it togethr enough to hunt this year. well tommorow im headed to the woods with the flinter for some much needed therapy.hopefully a nice doe for the freezer too child support is high and ground beef is outrageous lol.

Hello, Maryland has been good to me. It is my first year using a flintlock, and I am using it in ALL seasons. I have killed 3 deer so far, two in Baltimore county, one on my farm near Gettysburg. At close to 49 years of age, I doubt if I will ever go back to modern guns, I gave up the compound bow in 93 for the longbow/recurve, to me the user input/connection is lost when you ad more tech/manmade got to have the latest Cabelas gizmo thing, the experience is LOST; and to me this is sad, Best to you and yours; Ravenwolf;

I feel the same way about reconnecting to the hunting experience. I lost the challenge of scoped rifle hunting twenty five years ago, found black powder flintlocks and have been happy ever since.

Well I saw 8 does..., all at a distance, and in different groups but I don't mind that. Seeing game animals when hunting, even when I don't have the opportunity for a shot, is fine...., not seeing anything is saddening... I know it's not true, but it makes me wonder if they've all "gone"..., silly...

OH and I saw a young fox, running around, playing. We have fox around here, but I've never seen a small one running back and forth, frolicking. :grin: Plus a red tailed hawk came down low and made a kill on a chipmunk. Very cool, and I think it was a female hawk, but she wouldn't tell me where the deer were. Oh well there is Monday..

LD

a few deer sighted but no shots,some squirrel boucing around.sat near two giant old oaks and wished they could talk,lord knows the things theyve seen over the last 150+ years.im off day after xmas and hope to be out again.

Back