• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Monster buck from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtmattison

70 Cal.
Reaction score
BullisBuck.jpg

This buck was taken on Camp Bullis outside of San Antonio. 266+ B+C.
No details on the hunt, just the picture.

Huntin

My older brother, who lives in San Antonio, told me the buck was killed by two governnment civil service employees with a pocket knife. I don't know where he hear this, but it is possible. Many deer get hung up in barbed wire fences.

Joel Lehman, Austin, TX

the buck was spotted by patrol helicopter and radioed in that the animals behavior was erratic .a patrol was sent out to investigate and fofond the buck stumbleing around and acting injured so they decided to put him out of his misery .now get this ... since this was a record buck both fed and state game commissions are conducting an investigation. :rolleyes: i'll bet ..if that was i six or eight pointer ,nothing would hav been said about it :shake: :rolleyes: :youcrazy:

You think maybe they spotted him from a chopper and sent out a couple Humvees with .50 cals to hunt him down?
It would be pretty easy to flush him out with a chopper calling the shots.

Huntin

This is a quote out of Lone Star Outdoor News, a sports newspapaer I picked up at al local sporting goods store:

"Recently, a military helicopter pilot flying over the Camp Bullis Army Garrison near San Antonio spotted a huge buck. The deer was injured and could only move its front legs. When two Camp Bullis civilian employees and a volunteer attempted to recover the deer, the deer attacked them and they killed the deer with a knife. The buck scored 266 on the Boone and Crokett scale and had 37 points. It is the thired all-time largest deer in Texas according to David Brimager of the Texas Wildlife Association. The score will not be allowed in the record books because of how the deer was harvested".

Joel Lehman

There's a bunch of big deer on Bullis because it is a controlled area. They used to let folks hunt there but I think that was stopped after 9/11.

I don't know how Bullis ran their hunts.
We hunted on Medina Annex at Lackland AFB in San Antonio. They still hunt there. Not a lot of good deer on Medina because the high fences keep the deer in and I think there may be a inbreeding problem. The best buck taken from Medina was way back in the early 80's. All I ever saw there were little basket racks.

Huntin

Is it my imagination, or is that buck smiling? I would too, she's purrrddy!

I'll forego the obvious joke. :redface:

Is it my imagination, or is that buck smiling? I would too, she's purrrddy!I'll forego the obvious joke. :redface:

he's smiling cause she's a nice looking doe..........bob

Back