• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

more fox

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Creek

40 Cal.
Reaction score
satx, i really enjoyed your story, growing up with a granddaddy who fox hunted and sipped a little corn i could picture it.
when in my twentys i started getting my own hounds and soon became freinds with a fella who was a great houndsman and bred some pretty high priced hounds and he let me hunt with him and eventually i started getting dogs from him in trade for work i did for him and his family. one of the funniest things i can remember ( though it wasnt funny at the time ) was one night when we had struck on a coyote and we had just decided he was leaving the country when we heard the walkers coming back to us at a full boil. the dogs was getting louder fast and it didnt take long for them to be on top of us, i jokingly said to my buddy that it sounded like they was gonna run im through the fire, well i didnt miss by much, the SOB ran between the fire and my buddys ride and i dang near had to get in the fire to keep him out of my lap, scared the mess out of me and we just stared speechless for a second or two but i guess the look on my face snapped em out of it because i took quite a ribbin for the rest of that race.
I got rid of my last hound along time ago and i do miss it but the seasons are so restrictive here that fox hunting is going to go back into decline again and it is sad, every man should have a chance to experiance a fox hunt with a good houndsman and a good pack of hounds, i truly love listening to a dog that is damn good at his job, one of the few things me and my wife can agree on to.

creek

Back