• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More Meat in the Freezer!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jrmflintlock said:
I actualy got that jeager from a lady online a few years ago. It is a TVM and be a .54 and it loves 80 grains of FFF onder either a pached RB or a Great Planes Conical. the RB hits 2 inches High at 100 and the conical is right on at the same distance!.

I was sneeking through this old boys bedroom and brought him in with some seductive girl talk!

He came in quartering to me and the bullet punched through this corotid artery and broke his spine smack dab between the shoulder blades, droped in his tracks. could not recover the lead due to all the bone fragments.. Had the same shot on a Muley a few years ago and the same outcome.

Congratulations on the elk! I got my first one with a bow two years ago - fantastic experience and great eating.

It sounds like you made a good shot on him - were you trying specifically for a neck shot?

Not really going for a neck shot, but he was quartering toward me. I actualy figured it would blow out one of the lungs and exit behind the far shoulder. But for some reason they end up in the spine.. Go Figure?

Thanks! It was A good season!! I noticed you edit your posts.. How?? I finaly figured out how to make the picture show up with the tex instead of as a link but how do I do it once the topic is posted?

You can only edit your post for a short period of time. It's a button next to reply, and it disappears when the time is up.

Not a feature i'm fond of.

In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight! Looks like you did, and so did He.

Nice work! :thumbsup:

Back