• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More squirrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juancho

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I cannot put into words how much I love squirrel hunting.Some of you know what I'm talking about.
Unfortunately, we have a ban on Sunday gun hunting on my side of the woods. Its always been that way here, you just have to live with it.
I try to hunt every moment that I can, and today was no exemption, so I headed to this spot where I've seen some squirrels before , and what do you know, I brought diner once more!

Last Sunday I decided to try my luck with my bow , since the guns are out of the question, and I got two more.This is one of them.( I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this)It is not muzzle loader, but it is traditional.

Squirrels are my favorite too. Then rabbits, then targets, then all other critters, then Deer!

:thumbsup: on the other squirrel.
:td: on the sunday thing.

That is excellent, and with a good looking rifle, too. Here in Va they passed a law and this season will be the first one to allow Sunday hunting. This type of ban, let's face it, is religious in nature and unconstitutional in effect. I love squirrel hunting and cut my hunting teeth on this little critter.

hanshi said:
That is excellent, and with a good looking rifle, too. Here in Va they passed a law and this season will be the first one to allow Sunday hunting. This type of ban, let's face it, is religious in nature and unconstitutional in effect. I love squirrel hunting and cut my hunting teeth on this little critter.

I assumed that the OP’s Sunday ban was a “gentlemen’s agreement” but you’re telling me that Virginia had a state law prohibiting Sunday hunting?
Are there other states like this? :shocked2:

Yep. Like I said earlier,we can't hunt anything with any type of weapon, even on private property, here in Connecticut. There was talk of legalizing archery deer hunting on private land only but it hasn't happened.

Maryland always had a ban on Sunday hunting. We have slowly gotten a handful of Sundays for deer hunting, but it is on a county by county basis on private land only. And now, the horse lobby is fighting to have them removed once again. :cursing:

I use helical fletching ,left wing,no pun intended.Broadheads and judo points for ground shots, and flu flu rubber blunts to bring them down from the trees , which that was the case with this one.
Out of all places , is hard to believe that the UK does not allowed archery hunting.They have very long and successful archery history.
I was not aware that other places had Sunday bans as well.
I wander if it has to do with some ancient English law, but for sure the roots are religious.

Good shooting with both black powder and Black Widow! I also love squirrel hunting.

We also have no Sunday hunting on public land here in WV. It has been brought up for vote a few times and we have a few counties that allow Sunday hunting on private land. Unfortunately, my county has voted it down every time it comes up.

Sunday hunting would double the amount of days in the season for folks that work Mon through Fri. Me included :hatsoff:

With a few exceptions (I think crows and foxes) we can't hunt on Sunday at all in Pennsylvania. There are a lot of old blue laws still on the books here.

juancho said:
I use helical fletching ,left wing,no pun intended.Broadheads and judo points for ground shots, and flu flu rubber blunts to bring them down from the trees , which that was the case with this one.
Out of all places , is hard to believe that the UK does not allowed archery hunting.They have very long and successful archery history.
I was not aware that other places had Sunday bans as well.
I wander if it has to do with some ancient English law, but for sure the roots are religious.
Thanks and yes, dumb ain't it!
At least they are quiet :wink:

B.

North Carolina law bans Sunday hunting on public land. On private land only archery and falconry are legal hunting methods on Sundays.

Back