• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

mossholder gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny coler

32 Cal.
Reaction score
looking for info on william mossholder a gun smith from stark county ohio in the mid 1850s

Ohidan,
Sorry to say, I have gone through a number of my reference books and have found 1 listing for william Mossholder in Peking, Ohio and 1 reference to him in Carroll County, Ohio and both listings were from 1880. There are George & Mary Mossholder listed who "may" have been his parents, or not, in Tuscarawas County, Ohio in 1860 and Alliance , Ohio in 1870 & 1880. There is also a Jennie Mossholder buried in Massilon. Nothing about William as a gunsmith other than a note from Tom Pike listing a rifle with his name on the barrel in script.
Mark :idunno:

Welome to the best forum on the net! What part of Ohio are you from? I am in Holmes county. :hmm:

Thanks for the welcome,I'm from southeastern ohio, Morgan County, are you a member of the AOLRC?

Back