• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Movie John Adams

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len Graves

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just watched the movie John Adams on HBO I am not sure how "historically" accurate it was, but I enjoyed it very much. The acting was very good and it seemed to bring to life the difficulties of separating from england. I especially enjoyed the comments of Dr. Franklin.
Len Graves

I too have just started watching it. It is well written and acted, can`t wait till Sunday for part 3.

I enjoy watching it also.Like Len I don't know
how historical correct it is but is is
entertaining.From the looks of the ladies,makeup
has come a long ways from the days of
John Adams.:hmm:
snake-eyes

That white makeup had an Arsenic Oxide base and eventually would cause skin lesions that would require more makeup which lead to scaring later in life. We definitly have come a long way in that reguard.

Something I did notice was the theme music. It sounds like the person who did this was heavily influenced by the music from "Last of the Mohigans". I checked and it's not the same guy.

Watched the third episode. can't wait till Mon. to see the fourth. Those "Frenchies' kind of creep me out. I think they did the same to John Adams. Len

Hi I've only seen the first two episodes but liked them a lot.Not an expert, but found them historically accurate as far as I can tell.Not many movies about early U.S. history;So this looks like a keeper.Regards,Mike

Saw the last episode of the series. I enjoyed it even through the small mistakes. As mentioned on another thread the "rifle/musket" error, and to me the accent of King George. As I understand it George spoke more German than English and spoke it with a German accent. I read that his Grand father George I Spoke no English. I am sure there are more errors of which I am ignorant. Len

That's why he was known as "German George". He was a Hapsburg. The same house that produce Marie Antoinette. BTW, she NEVER said "Let them eat cake". That was a made up story printed by the anarchists. They knew most of the French people were illiterate, so were most of their leaders, so they could be conned easily.

The starvation that ignited the Revolution was the peasants' own fault. They were in the last grasp of the Little Ice Age. Cereal grains were much more vulnerable to frost than crops that were sheltered by the soil like turnips and potatoes.

The King himself went about in public eating potatoes to set the example.The ignorant peasants blamed the famine on satanic forces enraged by the King and refused to change their agricultural practices even though crops failed year after year. The result was that they guillotined all the smart people and we got the France we know today.

-Ray :rotf:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CNbQOrxQ-g&feature=related[/youtube]

Have to wait for the DVD.
No HBO here in Germany. :shocked2:

:hatsoff:

George was a Hanoverian. There may have been some Habsburg blood in there - there were a LOT of Habsburgs - but it was prety remote. The Habsburgs were Austrian rulers (the Spanish branch of the family had died out by then, and the Spanish kings were Bourbons, as a result of the War of the Spanish Succession).

In reply to Undertaker. I was watcing the John Adams Movie on HBO and they gave it to us in 7 segments I just watched the last installment. It was worth the wait. This is a period of time in this country when we were very vulnerable Like any infant . for some reason I didn't remember being taught this important time in my history classes. I enjoyed having many questions answered. Being a re-enactor of the colonial period I really liked the clothing style changes.

dalejrfan308 said:
Anyone know when this is coming out on DVD?
either it's already out, our you can pre-order it.
John Adams dvd.

I really enjoyed this movie, and since I don't have hbo, I will definately be getting the discs. . . or visiting limewire :wink:

Back