• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

musket nipple for cherokee rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Wilkinson

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been trying to locate a musket nipple 12x28 thread for my 45 cal TC Cherokee rifle..
I have converted my .54 White Mt carbine and .58
Big Boar to musket caps and would like to do the same for my Cherokee if possible..all i have found so far is 209 adapter from Hubbards Outdoor.
I would like to go musket on all my rifles since I have an overflow of CCI musket caps on hand..
Convienience and reliability makes me say musket caps all the way!!!!

Maybe you can ask this outfit. The fine print at the bottom of the page indicates that they have other musket nipples not listed and maybe they can fill a custom order:
[url] http://blomquistpercussionworks.com/products.html[/url]

Let us know what they say, since maybe someone else can constuct some for you if they can't help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can'r find any in that thread size, I looked & couldn't, you might want to drill & tap the existing hole for a slightly larger size eg. 6x1mm or 1/4x28 as musket nipples are available in both of those sizes & then if you want to go back to #11 caps at some point rifle nipples come in those thread sizes too.

I will give them a holler and let ya know if it pans out..thanks for the info...I noticed an add in a magazine for House of Muskets,,I will try them also by phone since no web site was shown

that is always a possibility and I have thought about having it drilled and tapped as a last in line fi..I dont have any probs with the #11 caps (besides small to handle) they do a good job on this 45 gun and the I will leave the 32 cal barrel for this gun on #11..by the way the 32 cal on this gun is super accurate!!! I love that lil'round ball for plinking and squirrels!!

Have you checked Track of the Wolf and Dixie Gun Works? I know you probably have, but I thought I'd ask anyway. It seems that a few weeks back I ran into musket cap nipples for T/C at one of the shops I regularly visit and considered them for my New Englander.

I just did a quick google search for "musket cap" nipple thompson and found them all over the place. Even Thompson makes them. You'll have no trouble finding one. Hey, let me know how the musket caps perform. Seems like a lot of fire for such a small bore, but I'm curious, as I have a .45 Seneca. Thanks.

my TC catalog has musket nipples in 1/4 x 24 listed also but it says in small print will not fit seneca or cherokee... the seneca and cherokee have 12x28 threads..I have two other TC guns with musket cap nipples on them already and they are
1/4 x 28 and will not fit my cherokee.. I spoke with a fella at house of muskets and he did not have any in 12x28 but siad if I did not find one soon let him know and he will make some in 12x28 but I have to buy a dozen or more and this would cost 50-60 bucks!! not sure I need it that bad!!!
thanx fer your input...the search continues.....

hey FYI...I found out house of muskets makes nipples for track of the wolf and dixie gw and a few others..I did not know that!!!

hey.. the guy from Blumquist e-mailed me and said he would make a 12x28 musket nipple for me and would do it as soon as he got back to the shop..thanx fer tha info.....at least I know it can be done..I was startin' to doubt the whole thing..

Great news, Timbo. I didn't know the Seneca and Cherokee used a different nipple size than the other T/C's. I guess I came close to finding out though. When I bought my Seneca, the nipple was very beat up and mushroomed. I managed to get it back into shape with a file though.

What is the difference in the cherokee and the seneca rifles anyway?? my cherokee has set triggers and curved brass butt plate on it bit the barrel does not have "cherokee" written on it.. most other TC rifles have the gun name on the barrel..all my others do. My 32 barrel is in the original box labled Cherokee....

I glad that Bloomquist can help you out.
I believe that the 12 X 28 nipples also fit the TC Patriot pistol and the Ruger Old Army revolver too.

The Seneca has a brass capbox and nose cap and came in a .36 or .45 caliber bore. The Cherokee is just a plainer version and comes in a lighter bore. Quality is the same so far as I know.

My Seneca doesn't have the name on the barrel either. I wish it had came in .36 though. I'm still looking for a .32 or .36 barrel and tang sight for it.

Another company has 12x28 musket cap nipples for TC cherokee ,,Big Iron Barrel makes these for six shot pistols and should work on the Cherokee also..I believe the price was around 20 bucks for 6 of them delilivered

I wonder if the tang/peep sight TC currently sells will work on the smaller cherokee and seneca rifles? The peep that is on my cherokee was on it when I bought it, but it looks like the sight in TC's catalog..it mounts using one existing screw at the top and then one hole was drilled and tapped for the lower mount hole..I am still thinking of putting another one of these on my white mt. carbine and big boar rifles,when I do get 'round to it I will be able to compare the new sight with the one on my older cherokee..maybe I can let you know some thing soon....

The tang sight they currently have won't fit and they don't have any of the older models. The tang is slightly different on the Seneca and Cherokee.

I'd be interested in what you find though. Perhaps it could be modified to fit. Not having seen them side by side, I don't know how much of a difference there is, and where.

Latest posts

Back