• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzle Blasts or Muzzle Loader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two magazines are both quality publications with a slightly different focus. I get both and enjoy both. Next year I nay get the digital MB as it may be easier to read with my aging eyes.

Buckskin Report. Yeah, I know I'm living in the past. Ironic.

Yep, John "Dinglehoofer" Baird put out a good magazine, IMHO.
I let Muzzle Blasts go after many years, just seemed to me that they were going the more modern route. They had one guy who did hunting articles who stated that the only reason he shot muzzleloaders (oh by the way, modern inlines) was that he got to shoot extra deer during dear season. And at the time they were asking members their opinions on modern inlines, I stated their mission statement to them that it was for TRADITIONAL muzzleloaders in a letter to the editor, I just felt they were losing their way. I do like Muzzleloader Magazine

Yep, John "Dinglehoofer" Baird put out a good magazine, IMHO.
I let Muzzle Blasts go after many years, just seemed to me that they were going the more modern route. They had one guy who did hunting articles who stated that the only reason he shot muzzleloaders (oh by the way, modern inlines) was that he got to shoot extra deer during dear season. And at the time they were asking members their opinions on modern inlines, I stated their mission statement to them that it was for TRADITIONAL muzzleloaders in a letter to the editor, I just felt they were losing their way. I do like Muzzleloader Magazine
I noted that, too. They are trying hard to keep or attract anyone into muzzleloading; a constant theme is, many if not most ML's are an older demographic, and they try to strongly encourage youngsters into the hobby. I don't believe their core supporters like in-lines, but they hope those using them will be attracted ultimately to the traditional. Have a good Holiday Season!

Back