• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Mag. Article

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luieb45

54 Cal.
Reaction score
If you read Muzzleloader Magazine check out this month's article in the "On the Game Trail" section my article on my first muzzleloader deer finally got published almost 3 years after it happened. And it's just in time for this year's deer season where I'll try and get my 4th deer with real blackpowder. Hopefully it can be a buck because I've been in a drought in the last 6 years where I haven't gotten any decent bucks that weren't just cull deer.

I will be on the lookout for it Louie. Congrats although beit 3 years late! Good luck in the future hunts!

My copy arrived yesterday..Nice article :thumbsup: ..and good luck this season.

I read that article yesterday and I was wondering who had written it when I saw the line about how much help you had gotten from the forum. I felt that it was a very good story and much more enjoyable than most of what you can find in hunting magazines today.................watch yer top knot...............

hey louie, just remember this one thing, no matter how ya cook them horns they will ALWAYS be tough n taste like horns, I'll take a nice fat young doe any day of the week and around here ya got to be real careful as the does are the smart ones, they eyeball ya up that tree ya may as well move the stand cause they will check that tree every time they come by from then on. Cagey ol gals around here :haha: :surrender:

Luie:
Read your article.Good job and good photos. :bow: Keep tellin stories.
If you ever want to hunt Maine, you give me a shout. I have camps in some good huntin areas. :thumbsup:
Muzzleloading is the best disease you will ever catch!
Nit Wit

Mine came this week but I have not looked in it yet.
Congratulations on getting published. :thumbsup:
Good luck getting your next deer.

Yea but the bucks still give you lots of good meat and some decoration for the wall :haha:. The other night bowhunting one of our newer stands I saw 2 different shooter bucks. One 120" and a 160". I had a smaller 8 pt. come 5 yards from my stand but he was a little small so I didn't shoot. I've been busy lately with all the bowhunting, school, and duck season opened Saturday morning with a nice cold front bringing us in lots of mallards and teal! :stir:

Back