• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader season in the rockies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chance said:
Man that is great your post are always some good reading and pics. I cant wait to hear about the deer hunt!!! Congrats and all your gear looks great. WHAT YOU GONNA DO WITH THE HIDE?

turn it into braintan

:hatsoff: Awesome!! Every year I tell myself that I am going to make one before the hunts and I always end up without. How does it ride? I have seeen some with a wide waist strap across the back. I was thinkig Alder Since I dont have Lodgepole. Thanks for sharing!! My Deer Starts On Friday here in NM ! Hopefully My .45 flinter will do it again this year! When I build mine I will share photos too!

I rides very well,
I am going to sand the bottom cross section to fit the small of my back and wrap sheep skin around my sholder straps.
Good luck there in NM.
I spent a lot of time in the jila.
I love that area but it's just a little to close to the wrong border.

Congrates on the hunt,And thanks for posting the pics. My nephew and I got to hunt mule deer in your state this year. Camped out for a week in the middle of nowhere up by the flattops. Loved it and I scored on a young buck which is just the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned! The young ones are alot easier to pack down the mountain. You guys who get to live out there are truly blessed and I appreciate your posts and pictures.Thanks again,Dew

I'm going to apply for a ML Elk tag in that area next year. I'll try the 1st rifle season too, and still use the ML.

Maybe i'll get lucky and get them both. Then i'll camp there for two weeks.

I need some Elk meat.

Always a pleasure to see your pics! I fully expected a heart in the hand again. LOL

Way to go!

Makes my eyes water. Livin a dream you are, wish I was there. Some day, I am looking into some hunts out west for next year. Not easy to come by. Let me know if you know of anyone whom guides, etc.
What make is your rifle??

Great pics Greenmtnboy! That's a heckuva' hunting outfit you have there,very well done! :hatsoff:

Back