• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader Shops in San Antonio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yngflm

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm making a trip to San Antonio this weekend and was wondering if there were any good gunshops worth checking out. I was hoping to pick up some roundballs and flints for my new smoothie, as well as look over the any other black powder gear the store might have. Any suggestions?

yngflm: Start with The Gun Shop? It's in a small strip mall on the access road about 1 block West of 410 Loop and Fredrickburg Rd. South side of Loop. They should be able to point you to any others in town. This is North West side of town.
Fox :thumbsup:

It's Don's Gun Shop at Loop 410 and Fredericksburg road. They sell lots of bits and pieces, and are the only source of real black powder that I know of (I could be wrong) it is a small mom and pop place that has always been very nice to me.

Yours,

Dwight

if you get by the gun shop (dons) he has a good looking under hammer for sale there .
nagles is a bit pricy,but has a knife shop at the front of the store.
old fort trading post is actually a pawn shop off gen mcmullen and commerce(?) the old man (herbert trowell)passed away a couple of years ago and is now run by his son(john)they have a lot of neat stuff there but little b/p stuff,there is also the powder horn,a place to shoot and drurys gun shops

Don's at Fredericksburg and 410 is the only one that sells BP and he is "old school" - good guy to talk to and very knowledgeable. I do most of my business with him. The Powderhorn used to be heavy blackpowder but they only carry Pyrodex now and primarily serve the modern gun market. The rest are good gun shops but no one is focused on BP. Nagel's is a fine place to visit since they probably have more guns than anyone else in SA but as stated, they are pricey. However, you'll see a lot of stuff - many are antiques and some unique things. I used to deal with Dury's exclusively but they screwed up a reblue for me years ago and I quit going there - senior Dury (John) died a few weeks ago but his son is running the place. They have a lot of guns of all types.

Back