• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloader squirrels in Missouri

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren Haverstick said:
BPSquirrel2015-1Small_zpsiaiyuj12.jpg

We have a ton of pine squirrels but the whole pine squirrel is about the size of this ones tail :( Even a .32 is like hunting rabbits with an 06. Shoot 1/2 an inch back of the neck and all you have is back legs and skin,

Just a follow-up to your post:
"Anytime any of you all are in southwest Missouri, give me a holler and I can probably rustle up some grub for you. Here's my biscuit recipe in case you want to try it.

4 cups flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup shortening or lard (I like butter flavored Crisco)
2 cups buttermilk

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly. Slowly stir in the buttermilk. Turn dough out on a floured surface and roll it to a 1/2" thickness. Cut out biscuits and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 deg F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 12 biscuits.

Darren"

I made biscuits according to your recipe today and they were quite good but mine didn't look as good as yours. I've never attempted to make biscuits in my life and my wife says they were better than hers so she's going to use your recipe too if you don't mind.

Thanks. :hatsoff:

Back